Wednesday, May 30, 2007

God Bless You

I never knew Tombol but I grew up in Hyde Park and was saddened to hear of his murder. I have been effected by other news stories in the past, but none have lingered with me more than Tombol's tragic death. Perhaps it is because of the heartfelt stories and pictures of Tombol on this blog. I just read the family's statement to the Court following Matulis' conviction. It effected me even more, more than I thought. I am glad to hear of Matulis' conviction, yet I know the "victory" is hollow. I hope that one day very soon Haffer will be brought to trial and made to pay with his life in prison for the tremendous hurt he has caused to Tombol's family. Reading of the difficulty Tombol's mother still has with accepting her son's murder was truly heartbreaking. I can't imagine what she, Tombol's sibilings and Tombol's father are going through. I am impressed with the dignity they have shown in the face of so much pain and no doubt anger. I am just truly sorry that the Malik family had to lose someone they so dearly loved (and still love) because two others decided to act like the Devil. Reading of the Maliks' pain puts my on daily irritations into perspective. I am so sorry for your lose but am confident that the love you showed Tombol during his life and in the wake of this tragic event will carry you through and provide some comfort for each of you, as you no doubt love each other as you love Tombol.

God bless you and Tombol,

K.G.