Friday, April 06, 2007

This Wandering Memento

Greetings and condolences to the Malik family.

My name is crystal. I too went to Ray with Tombol. My memory only serves to remind me that Tombol was a couple years older than me and was one of the older guys us younger girls wanted to know how to talk to. I never worked up the nerve to say much to Tombol in grammar school. Most of my interactions with Tombol were long after high school, in our college years, where I would run into him by chance out and around Hyde Park or by coincidence he was living with other childhood friends or a party here and there. There is no way to describe the shock I had when I heard of Tombol's unnecessary and unprovoked death. I got tangled up in confusing and selfish emotions of anger and hurt and what usually follows these distorted, passionate feelings is guilt. I regret that I have not reached out to you sooner, but i can say nothing will keep me from attending the trial to witness "justice" finally prevail, and perhaps grant Tombol's family their right to the healing process. I keep Tombol and you, his family, in my thoughts and prayers, and send a universe of righteous blessings to you all.

May justice and righteous anger prevail.
Truly,
Crystal.