Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Happy Birthday to You

Dear Tombol,

A friend of mine bought me a digital picture frame last year. I immediately loaded it with pictures of those who are close to me. I mean, I am living in Switzerland… can you believe it?! So, I need some remnants from home every now and then. Anyway, that picture of us, the one from the opening with Lana… well, I had to put it in there. I have the frame next to the place I get dressed every morning. The pictures change every 10 seconds, and sometimes I get to catch a glimpse of you before I head to class. I always smile. Yesterday was your 26th birthday, and I thought of you and wondered what you were doing. I miss you. I think about you often… and I will always keep your picture loaded in my picture frame; today, tomorrow, always. Love, aliya.