Thursday, August 04, 2005

To the Family and Friends of Tombol

This past week has been one that no mother or father, sister or brother, no friends should have to endure. As I have read through the outpouring of love for Tombol and listened to the griefstricken voice of my daughter, I have realized what a gift the world has lost with Tombol's passing. I only met him once briefly at F212 while visiting my daughter, Lana, but the light, and joy and serenity that surrounded him could not be missed. He greeted me as if he had known me all his life and I felt the same. It is rare that a spirit as shining as Tombol's comes into one's life, no matter how fleeting. It is a tragedy beyond comprehension that he is no longer with us in this world. But a grace and beauty such as Tombol possesses will never be lost to those of us so fortunate as to have been in his company.

My love and thoughts are with you all.

Blessed be,
Lana's Mom