Tuesday, August 02, 2005

What to say?

Well I don't really know how the fact that one of my favorite people from high school was brutally murdered pass over my radar but I must say that upon seeing the article in the red eye this morning my eyes filled with tears and I could not stop crying. For six stops past where I was meant to get off I sat and wept for Tombol.
I kept saying in my head what was the motive? You know when people die everyone wants to say how great they are and make the person to be, someone with great flaws but in my 5 years of knowing him, of bumping into him, of walking along the lake with him in Hyde Park, of helping him figure out how time worked in AP Euro. I smile when I think of Tombol and I never think that I will ever do anything besides that...physical looks aside (I nicknamed him Supermodel), he was one of the most beatiful young men that I ever encountered. My deepest regrets to those who lost such an amazing kid, and to those who will never be graced with his laughter and smiles. As he would say "Carpe Diem."

Aaron Bowen