Thursday, August 04, 2005

To my dearest Tombol

Ok, here I go... it's has been 26 days since Tombol's murder and each day that I wake up in the morning, I still feel like it has all been a horrible and disgusting nightmare. Recently, I feel that I am more capable to go to work and run my daily errands, but it just isn't the same anymore without Tombol's presence (on earth). Everywhere I go in the city reminds me of Tombol. I am so grateful that Anthony is in one piece and a live; maybe that is why it has been so difficult for me to write and email this blog entry. I still want to believe it has been a dream and that Tombol is only on a long vacation...

When I see Anthony in so much pain, and anger and sadness, it destroys me. Tombol and him were inseparable! Dating Anthony wasn't easy because the handsome "Tombol" came with the package! Where ever Anthony is, Tombol was right there by his side. From that moment on, I had the pleasure to meet such a beautiful, compassionate,
intelligent, opinionated and hilarious human being that I called my friend and my family. And I have enjoyed and cherished every fond memory of Tombol. I first met Tombol when Anthony and him took the blue line to surprise me at my dormitory when I started at UIC. Tombol, you were a pure gentlmen. When I first met you, you made me feel so at ease and safe. You always made sure I was doing ok and that Anthony was treating me well. Now, who is going to check up on me and give me that security that you have provided so willingly. Only you understood how I felt when Anth and I had disputes because you knew Anthony the best. Only you made it a point to make me realize that I deserve the best. You made it a point to always check up on your friends and make sure that they are doing well.

I am heart broken as my eyes are filled with tears each night thinking about all the memories we have had as a little family here in the city of chicago. I remember Wednesday nights were always a blast when we would start out at Pizano's for pizza and we would all sit at "our" round table and you guys would crack mama jokes. And boy did you have an appetite! Then the night would always end by heading to Nick's for a few games of pool. Whenever Tombol and I played as partners, we would never lose a game! Oh, how I miss those nights...

To my dearest Tombol, you have left quite an impression of yourself throughout the heart of Chicago and Chicago's extended family and friends. I promise I will never forget you Tombol. Your spirits, your voice, your laugh-- I can still feel and hear it so clearly. I never imagined myself saying good bye to you so soon. Life is unfair. One day we will meet again, where ever that place may be. Thank you for being in my life, and thank you for showing me how great life can be. If I cannot see you ever again on Earth, will you please come visit me in my dreams? I miss you dearly.

Lisa Lui aka Leeser