Saturday, July 16, 2005

Love & Support

I can't honestly say I knew Tombol very well. In fact of all the years I shared with him at Ray and Kenwood I don't know that we ever held a conversation. Nevertheless the more I see, hear, read and ruminate I am more and more compelled to tell you all that I'm thinking. The fact that I didn't know Tombol is irrelevant. The fact that such a beautiful person was caught in the path of such heinous acts, let alone trying to help someone, stirs a pain in me I have never felt. I have found on this page far more in the outpour/cry of love, support and more than fond memories than I would ever need to know to see that the Malik family has raised a genuinely outstanding person. A young man of great character, compassion, love, kindness and gentle sophistication. Someone received as a blessing in all the lives of those he touched, however large or small. I am wholeheartedly thankful for his life and that this world was ever able to have seen him at all, as people of such quality are most unfortunately a rare occurence. He indeed will be greatly missed, but far more remembered. I realize that there are no number of condolences or arrangement of words I can offer to help ease what you're feeling in such a difficult time, yet I can't accept not trying.

Lean on your faith. Rest on it not thinking but knowing the fact that Tombol's life has had many purposes, impacts, and influences which have served as a light in the lives of others as well as a milestone in a more divine scheme of things. Look to the Heavens for a greater understanding and a deeper healing. Unfathomable as it may seem in the midst of everything, both wait for you there. I pray that you might find comfort in knowing that even complete strangers like me were not beyond his reach and that you have mine as well as the Neal & Tuggle families' boundless love and support. Your family will remain in our thoughts and prayers.

Respectfully,
Bradley Neal
KA c/o 99