Monday, July 18, 2005

We will always love and remember Tombol...

Shiera, Sati, Samil, Karen, and Dr. Malik -

It so hard to find the words to start.  I have mourned, yet there is still a part of me that wants to wake up from a terrible dream.  If there is ever a time that I wish I wasn't so far from home, it is now.  We all go back so far...growing up on Drexel Ave. together and sharing so many memories and wonderful times.  I have always and always will consider you the extended family that we never had in Chicago.  Even as we all got older and went our ways (Shiera and until recently, me), whenever we came back to together, it was as if we were never apart.  I have a feeling that although the physical distance may remain the same, this will bring us closer than ever before.

Like the pieces of a puzzle, you are each so different, but complete a perfect whole together.  Tombol was the baby - that final piece.  And although he his gone, I know the Malik strength will help you to continue on.  Tombol wouldn't want it any other way.  He was truly unique - a one and only - and the lives of those he touched will never be the same.  I know mine won't; I was blessed so long to have known someone so special.  Charismatic, respectful, caring, warm, gentle, fun, smart, compassionate, genuine...all the words people have used to describe him and there are so many more.  We could make a dictionary alone of words to describe Tombol and only wish that more people would model after it.  Take comfort in knowing that he is looking down on us and smiling in that warm, sweet, unforgettable way.

Tombol, "T-Bone" - you were taken from us entirely too soon.  We love you, we miss you, and we will never forget you.   May you rest in peace and may JUSTICE BE SERVED in your name.  Until we meet again...

Love always,

Miriam