Thursday, July 14, 2005

tombol

Dear Maliks,

I almost don't know where to begin, but I will try. It has been an honor to be with you in this terrible time, you are an incredible family. While I was riding in the car last night with you I was moved by your love for each other and the deep understanding that siblings seem to share. I want to say that you are fortunate to have each other but I also feel that the special bond between the three of you cries out for your lost brother, like something that is perfect and is now missing a piece. It's hard to imagine the horror of loosing a loved one so young and in so violent a manner. When I lost my father I felt both that it was both an undeserved loss and that somehow it was fated. That all the paths of our lives converged on this event and then spred out from it, but it didn't have to happen. This should never have happened to Tombol. I am so sorry and I hope I can be of some comfort as you deal with this tragedy.

Much love,
Ariel