Saturday, July 23, 2005

Tombol

Dear Malik Family,

I, like many others, will hold you in my thoughts and prayers. I feel like I know you all, through the very special friendship my daughter had with Tombol. I attended the vigil with her, and I saw and heard how many lives he touched. I have read the beautiful comments of those who knew him, and those like myself, who feel they did. Tombol was a special young man who touched the lives of everyone he met. He will be missed, but not forgotten. Even those of us who didn't know him will carry a part of him with us as we continue his legacy of love and understanding. This loss is tragic and so unnecessary. I for one plan to live life as Tombol would have. I will be a better person because of him. Let friends and community members support you during this time of grief. We care.

Karen L