Saturday, July 30, 2005

Thoughts from Eric Stern (Ray '91)

To the Malik family,

My name is Eric Stern, son of Mr. Stern, and I attended Ray School with Samil. Naturally, I refused to acknowledge that the face on the television screen was that which I had known years before. The last memory I have of Tombol is waiting for him to get out of class with his older brother Samil, Dameon M., and myself. He started laughing when he saw us, and hurried down the stairs. When he reached the ground floor, I grabbed him by his forehead as his arms tried to reach my body. The laughter never seemed to end. Upon hearing and reading everyone's accounts of the kid he was, and the man he grew to be, I was overwhelmed to see that he'd not lost that of his character which was most endearing and honorable. My heart goes out to all the Malik family and friends.

Eric Stern