Saturday, July 16, 2005

May Tombol's Memory Be Eternal

Dear Malik Family,

I had the honor of getting to know Tombol in 2000, during our study abroad in Hamburg. That trip is one of the most memorable times in my life and Tombol has a place in a lot of my memories. I remember some of the first conversations I had with Tombol. We both mentioned our brothers quite a bit and realized that we shared an extra special sense of closeness with our siblings. I'll also never forget browsing through a music shop in the airport when we were on our way home. Tombol told me to get a CD his brother had recommended...I took that CD out yesterday and listened to it. They say that some people live to be a 100, but never really live a single day. This site is a testament that Tombol truly lived life to the fullest. When someone dies, Greeks say: "May his memory be eternal." I have no doubt that Tombol's memory will be eternal. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

My sincerest condolences,

Eleni Giannakopoulos