Saturday, July 30, 2005

Tombol

Dear Malik family,

My deepest condolences on your loss of Tombol. I had seen the news clip when this first happened but the sound on the television was turned down. I thought to myself, what a horrible thing to have happened, and what is wrong with people?--that someone could do such a brutal and vicious thing to another human being? The next day I read the news story at the Tribune online...and I saw Tombol's name. I was stunned, upset, and could not believe it. I met Tombol a little over a year ago when he was searching for an apartment in Chicago with his brother Samil. It only took several dealings with Tombol to see what a sweet and easy-going young man he was. It is incomprehensible to everyone I know how something like this happened. It's simply devastating. I cannot imagine what all of you are going through right now, and I am truly sorry for your loss.


My thoughts go out to all of you,
Renee Leung