Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Tombol

To all the Malik family with my deepest condolences and great sadness.

Shiera let me know what happened to Tombol and I still don’t know what to say to you all about something so unimaginable. Words are utterly inadequate in response to such loss.

I have read the reports and am shocked to hear of such brutality.

The contrast with all the stories of Tombol couldn’t be more stark.

I am thinking of you all and praying that you find comfort in all the love for Tombol that comes from everyone who knew him.

I never met him and yet I can feel how much he was loved.

Shiera is a wonderful friend, and a very special person and I have met Samil and your father so I know what a lovely family Tombol comes from.

He was young, he was good and this should not have happened.

I hope that justice will be done.
 

With all my love from Bronwen