Thursday, July 14, 2005

Thinking of you and praying every day.

Dear Malik family,

When I heard the messages on my answering machine about what had happened to Tombol, the first thing I thought about was how it could not be possible. I'm sure that anyone who knew Tombol would say that he was not the kind of guy who would be in that type of a situation. I knew Tombol since I was nine years old. We went to Ray School, Kenwood, and Harold Washington together. Sati, I do not have enough words to say how sorry I am about this, and how unfortunate this is for you and your family. James, Kitty, and Wyllys are all thinking of you and your family. I have many wonderful memories of Tombol and how supportive he was as my friend. I will miss this big gentle giant. I will always remember the times we spent at Florian, and at Sonoteque where we listened to reggae music. I will remember all of the wonderful and kind words that he said to me and I will never forget him.

love, Leonie Mann