Thursday, July 14, 2005

My condolenses

The Malik Family,
Ever since I met Tombol on the varanda in me and Ben's apartment in Brazil, I noticed that we saw the world through the same light. He was a visionary with an incredibly strong character that never stopped fighting for justice and truth. We would talk about how the world needed to be changed and how we would change it. When there was a moral dilemma he would help me look at things objectively to see what was the best thing to do. He would be most appalled by what happened Sat. But Im sure he would still have faith. He became one of my best friends in in only two years of knowing him. I will never forget how he inspired me to never lower the bar on whats right and
whats wrong. I remember how important it was for him to ensure that his sister had a good time when she visited and that everyone treated her with respect. He put her and his other family members before everyone and I regret greatly not being at the vigil. I send my deepest blessings to the Malik family. Throughout the day, and mostly when I go to sleep, I shake my head in disbelief so as to wake myself up from this nightmare. He has changed me and will be in my heart, wherever I go, forever.

genuinely,
alex