Thursday, July 14, 2005

Sympathy goes out to Tombol's family and friends...

Dear Malik Family:

I never knew Tombol or anyone from your family. I live in Palos Park and read all about the tragedy in the Tribune and Southtown yesterday--my face was tear streaked by the end of the article. I have not stopped thinking about this incident since I first heard about it. My sympathy and thoughts are with all of you who knew Tombol. I am sickened by what happened...and outraged that a bond was set. I have been discussing this incident with all of my friends...and we are all truly upset by this tragedy. I cannot begin to imagine how the family and friends must feel. This has made me remember what a cruel world we live in--justice must be reached in this case! Know that Tombol's story is spreading and uniting strangers together...though I never knew him, he has definitely still touched my life.

My prayers are with the Malik family and friends.
God Bless,
Shannon