Thursday, July 14, 2005

To Tombol

Tombol-

I remember the first time I met you ... it was on your birthday this year. Aliya had told me so much about you and Samil, I was excited to finally get the faces with the names. I remember feeling instantly accepted, you were just that kind of person. You just had a way of making people feel that they were worth knowing. You would go out of your way to make sure that everyone had what they needed ... was comfortable ... having a good time ... it was who you were, you couldn't help it. You turned out to be one of my favorite dance partners ... me you and Aliya @ Sound Bar love those pics!! It seemed like whenever we would hang out there was some sort of dancing and just ... happiness involved, I mean, people were just happy around you. I feel so lucky that I got to spend that evening with you and Paul having drinks and talking about films ... you had great taste in movies and a hilarious NY Italian accent that you would throw out at just the right time and make everyone laugh, it never got tired, it was always funny. You were so passionate about your trip to Egypt and my mom had just gotten back, I remember how interested you were in her experience and thinking ... wow, this human being is so incredibly special. I'm not sure that you had any idea how much I looked forward to seeing you, even though I know you know now and that, in a way, is comforting.

Thank you for letting me know you for the brief time I did ... I will always remember your life and celebrate your incredible spirit.

With all the love I have-
Lana